Day six of a year we all begged for, it all went dark. Day 6, hope was lost again and once again our world was turned upside down and I am reminded of how much of a mess this country is. Those that spew hate will not allow us to forget, so for that, I thank them. I worry that otherwise, we will all become too complacent and forget that we have too much work to do.
I have heard and read a lot of messages stating "this is not who we are", but the truth is lovies, this is exactly who we are. This is who we have always been, who we still are, and we have to stop acting like it isn't. But, that doesn't mean it's who we want to be, or who we should be, or roll over and just accept it. No, this is one of those times we fight. We fight hard for change and we land on the right side of history.
We are not allowed to sit by and say that this isn't my fight. It's happening "over there" and I'm not taking part in it so that alone is enough of a stand. It is no longer okay to say "that's not me", it's now that we say "this is how I am fixing it."
- Stop pretending and saying, this isn't us. It is.
- Understand that those who are black/brown/nonwhite are exhausted. They have been fighting since before they were born, and we haven't. We are just getting started and we have no right to be tired.
- Also understand that it is up to white people to clean up this mess. It is our mess. We brought this mess on ourselves and it is up to us to pick up a broom and get to cleaning.
- That does not mean that we don't listen, we have to not just listen to those that are not white, we have to believe them. We shouldn't have needed cameras and witnesses, we should have always just believed them.
- We did not hire a dictator 4 years ago, we hired a leader and then in November, we fired him. We cannot pretend that 81,000,000+ million citizens' voices do not count and do not matter. THAT is not who we are. If there is one thing we all can agree on, it's that we let our voice be heard by voting. It's the foundation of how we were built. So, in terms that you understand #45, you're fired. Period and end of story, get out of our house. The one built by slaves that we dragged here.
- I keep saying it, more as a mantra but also because it is true...there are more of us! There are more that want this to be different but we cannot sit back. Lovies, your mama is crazy about this and won't shut up or stop because that is not how you get to change. I'm not just preaching though, I'm getting us all involved because THAT is how you get to change. I won't back off from this, and I won't let you back off either.
January 6th was not a surprise. We were being told it was going to happen. #45 told us during the debates when he asked the Proud Boys to "stand back and STAND BY". He told us during his rallies. He told us in his tweets. He told us in his speeches. He told us over and over. So, here we are. It happened. He asked his supporters to commit an act of terrorism...domestic terrorism. And then they did. With such a brash, insane, and casual openness. So, where do we go from here?
We fight for the country we actually want.